This is amazing, DR RANDY PAUSCH died of pancreatic cancer in 2008, but wrote a book ‘The last lecture” before then, one of the bestsellers in 2007. What a legacy to leave behind.
1. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
2. Don’t have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
3. Don’t over do; keep your limits
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously; no one else does
5. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip
6. Dream more while you are awake
7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
8. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner of his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
10. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present
11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you
12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
13. Smile and laugh more
14. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
15. Negativity starts with you. Don’t respond to a friend’s happy greeting of “good morning, how was your weekend…?”, with
“ ….weekend was too short and I have to come back here to work”.
16. Be happy, be grateful, But don’t be content. There are a lot more others, who would sacrifice a lot to be in your place.
17. Be positive, even in down times, some may think you’re insane, but they would want to be like you.
18. Call your family often
19. Each day give something good to others
20. Forgive everyone for everything
21. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
22. Try to make at least three people smile each day
23. Don’t allow yourself to fall into compromising situations, you may live to regret some of them.
24. What other people think of you is none of your business. You cannot control how others feel.
25. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
26. Put ALLAH first in anything and everything that you think, say and do.
27. ALLAH heals everything
28. Do the right things
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. Nothing could ever remain the same
30. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
31. The best is yet to come
32. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful
33. When you awake alive in the morning, thank ALLAH for it
34. If you know GOD you will always be happy. So, be happy.
35. Life’s routes is all about choices, think before you make that choice, & when you do, you will be happy for it.
While you practice all of the above, share this knowledge with the people you love, people you school with,
people you play with, people you work with and people you live with.
Not only will it enrich YOUR life, but also that of those around you.